Monday, December 12, 2011

Elisa Purls Joins G Boutique for our Annual SANTA BABY Burlesque Workshop


Hi everybody,

Happy to be back this year at G Boutique for another round of Santa Baby Burlesque!

If you're not familiar with who I am, my name is Elisa Purls and I am a burlesque performer.  Nice to meet you.  I have been around for 5 years and am a coquette at the Kiss Kiss Cabaret, a weekly burlesque show playing at the Greenhouse Theater. 

Burlesque has been around for a long time; it's the art of tease, not just a strip, but a put together act that is solid with choreography and costuming.  I got into burlesque shortly after quitting ballet.  I was tired of fighting with my weight and constantly made to feel inadequate.  It was very unhealthy for me, many of us ex-ballerinas share a similar story.  Burlesque gave me the creative outlet I was missing, without hating my body or needing to change.  It's a woman-positive art, a display of natural body types with no shame or boundaries, which is why I love teaching burlesque!

I feel like a lot of people who sign up for my classes usually don't know what to expect, I think that's part of the allure.  Really, it's just like any other dance class, just sexier!  We start off with sexy warm ups, sexy stretching and ending it by putting our moves together to a song… Voila- we have a sexy routine.  Santa Baby is a actually an act of mine that I've adapted to teach in classes.  It's very different from what I teach at the G private parties, much more tittilating and slow!  So if you want to learn some new moves, check out what burlesque is all about or just want to have a good time with your girlfriends, sign up and I'll see you on Wednesday! 

Don't forget to check out my site www.elisapurls.com for more information about my performances, blog and store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
G Boutique Facebook Join us on Facebook Twitter Follow us on Twitter
powered by Modern Retail